Wednesday, May 15, 2013

National *Fill In The Blank* Day

Did you know today is National Chocolate Chip Day? If you didn't, consider yourself informed. This revelation comes on the heels of my new found dedication to fitness. Honestly, I love the idea of National, well, Anything Day, but I just can't get behind this one.

Here's something that will probably make me lose some friends: I don't really even like chocolate all that much...

As it is, my daily exercise routine has caught a snag, I don't need National Chocolate Chip Day to make it worse. I discovered that not only do I have bursitis in my hips (ouch!) I apparently have bursitis in my ankle (double ouch!) and can barely walk, much less the mile+ that I was doing in the mornings. 

Here's hoping my doctor appointment this afternoon helps things!
  
I have, however, found an awesome online diet and exercise journal in which to log all my calories and exercise time. It tells me how many calories, fat, carbs, etc. I have left to consume in the day. Talk about a real eye opener! If you are just getting started with a nutrition change, I recommend finding a journal/tracker like SparkPeople or MyFitnessPal and really seeing how much you consume in a day. 

It's mind boggling! Even if you aren't trying...DO IT NOW! You will be shocked!

 So, even if my exercise is a bit affected with my body being moody and lame, my eating habits will be on the straight and somewhat narrow. A little motivation goes a looooooooooooong way, and believe me, this is motivation to change. 



Now...go eat a chocolate chip cookie for me :)



No comments:

Post a Comment